Out With the Old
Ashe's Cloak of Elvenkind
This hooded cloak is naturally a vibrant emerald green, bordered with bronze-colored cord and highlights. It is embroideted with a pattern of twining ivy in lighter and darker shades, and it is beaded with tiny conch and cowry shells. The clasp is mithril, and bears the emblem of an ancient (and now-defunct) order of eladrin knights known as the Blades of Dusk, and the chevrons and oak leaves indicating the rank of a knight-commander.
- When you wear this cloak with its hood up, all Wisdom (Perception) checks to see you have disadvantage, and all of your Dexterity (Stealth) checks to hide have advantage, as the cloak’s colors shift to camouflage you.
- Pulling the cloaks hood down or up requires an action.
- Minor Property: Compass: While wearing this cloak, you can always discern “true north.”
- Quirk: Slothful: Attuning this item evokes a sensation of profound lassitude. A character wearing this cloak requires 10 hours of sleep per night instead of 8. As they do not sleep, elves are unaffected.
- History DC 13: The Blades of Dusk were a knightly order in service to the ancient eladrin empire. Like similar orders such as the Bladesingers, they were tasked with the protection of the eladrin (and later the elven) people.
- Arcana or Nature, DC 12: Very little hints at their capabilities beyond martial prowess, but they were believed to wield both blades and spells. The wilderness function of this cloak hints that some duskblades might have been rangers or even druids.